Making Meaning with Fab@School Maker Studio
Fab@School Maker Studio is an easy-to-use, web-based design and fabrication tool that invites students in grades PreK-8 to experience STEM and STEAM learning in a more engaging, personally meaningful way. With low-cost materials like paper, card stock or cardboard and a wide range of tools from scissors to inexpensive 2D cutters, 3D printers and laser cutters, students can use Fab@School Maker Studio to design, invent, and build their own geometric constructions and working machines.
You haven't bought Fab@School Maker Studio software yet? No problem, email email@example.com for more information.
This course takes you through everything you need to know to get started using Fab@School Maker Studio with your content and students including:
- How to set up teacher and student user accounts
- How to set up digital craft cutters (eg. Silhouette Portrait) to work with Fab@School Maker Studio
- How to use Fab@School Maker Studio software to design and create 2D to 3D prototypes
- How to print and/or cut out your designs
- Sample lessons that can be used or modified as they relate to your existing content
- Examples of how to design your physical space to best use Fab@School Maker Studio as it aligns to your learning objectives and curriculum
Best-selling author/illustrator and creativity champion Peter H. Reynolds founded FableVision Learning with a dream to inspire teachers to find their own creativity and develop creativity tools for students.
FableVision Learning provides support for educators around the world to nurture the 4Cs (plus 1): creativity, communication, collaboration, critical thinking — and compassion both in the classroom and out.